Monday, February 16, 2009

So much for a 'sick free' winter

After a great visit with Auntie Janelle and Grandpa Gary on Sunday, I came down with a nasty cough and was having trouble breathing. I gave mom and dad quite a scare, as nothing seemed to settle me down. After several trips to the steam filled bathroom, visits to the front porch to breath the cool air, a car ride, and mom sleeping with me in the chair, I was able to get a few hours of sleep without a trip to the ER. Once I woke up, Mom and Dad brought me back to the doctor's office and even though mom promised I wouldn't have any more shots after the 4 I just received on Friday, I had to get one more today. The doctor said I have croup and gave me a steroid shot to open up my air passages. He also noticed I was getting an infection in my right ear so he gave me a prescription for some yummy flavored stuff. He prepped mom and dad saying the croup could last several days, with nights #2 & #3 likely to be the hardest but that it should get better after that. Unfortunately, this means I won't get to see my friends at daycare this week. I'll keep you posted on my progress, but hopefully I'll be feeling better soon.

As you can tell, I just don't seem to be feeling my usual self and was a bit tuckered out today after the long night I had on Sunday.

No comments: