Sunday, September 7, 2008

Our first trip out west....

What an exciting and busy weekend I had.... My mom and dad took me on my first long car ride "out west" (as they like to call it) to see my grandparents. Friday night I got to meet my cousins Adam and Tyler and Uncle Jim. Then on Saturday I met Great-Grandma Tuininga. She made homemade pancakes, which mom said were yummy! After breakfast, we traveled to the farm where Grandpa Chuck grew up and visited Aunties Kay and Annette. It was fun seeing all the farm animals! After a little bit of down time, we briefly visited Great-Grandma Fernholz at the nursing home before heading into the Lac Qui Parle county fair. Mom and dad were really excited for the beef commercials, and they said they lived up to their expectations! Mom said I was too small to go on any of the fair rides, but I did get to watch her and Auntie Tami play ski ball...looks like a lot of fun and hopefully someday Auntie Tami will teach me her skills.


Great-Grandma T. made special letter pancakes upon special request..B = Brian, A = Adam, T = Tyler. I bet if I was old enough to eat them, she would have made an E for Ethan.


Ethan with Brian and Great-Grandma T.


Ethan with cousins Tyler and Adam.


Great-Grandma T. had lots of fun collecting eggs.


Auntie Kay had fun sharing some of her grapes with us. Mom said she wants to go back when they are making wine!


Front row: Auntie Janelle, Cousins Tyler and Adam
Back row: Mom & me, Dad, Auntie Kay, Great-Grandma T, Auntie Annette

No comments: